Monday, September 30, 2013

F A S H I O N F A V O R I T E S: Spring 2014

A few posts back I highlighted some of my favorite shows from New York Fashion Weeks Spring 2014 showcase. I wanted to make a post for London and Milan, but I honestly didn't find any of the shows there that inspiring. Therefore, on to Paris, where some of my favorite designers showed. 



Giambattista Valli




I've really been liking the mid length skirts these days and Giambattista Valli has it down pat. This length of skirt can be difficult to look flattering, but here we see it paired with a fitted waist (taking a cue from early 1950s silhouettes).  This show also managed to squeeze in one of my favorite upcoming trends at the moment: cropped tops. Finally, Birkenstock inspired platforms? I'll take 6 pairs please. 


ChloƩ




I'm all about comfort these days, and this season ChloĆ© makes comfort look good. I could wear all of these looks to bed, and if I can wear it to bed, I like. The layering, draping and fabric selection appeals to me the most, but the best part about this comfort driven show is the minimalism. The simplicity of each look gives off an overall feeling of tranquility and laid back-ness. It's not about the clothing as much as how you feel in them. 


Stella McCartney

  

I always like Stella McCartney's work because her looks are always bordering masculine and feminine. She also makes really good pants. This season, she did all of that and added lace to her repertoire, and even though lace is ultra feminine and extremely old fashioned, she makes it look wearable and modern. Plus, she still has the pants thing DOWN. Nice job Stel, keep it up. 






That's it for my Paris fashion week post! BYEEEEEE