Thursday, May 8, 2014

Slip Dress

1940's Slip Dress

I went to the flea market the other day hoping to find stuff for the shop, but instead I ended up buying two amazing folding chairs from the 70's. They are in my backyard where nobody goes, ever. Money well spent. However, I did manage to find this pretty slip dress from the 1940's. The cut is really flattering and the details are perrrdy. Goes well with the honey brown clutch in the shop. 

honey brown clutch

Oh, and I did find this Beaver State Pendleton Blanket, too. Whenever I see anything that remotely resembles Pendleton I stop dead in my tracks. Luckily, this was a REAL Pendleton, and it also has some lovely fringe all around it. 
I would have stayed at the flea market longer but sometimes I get so overwhelmed at the amount of amazing stuff, I just have to walk straight out of there. I get like that at home depot, too. There is such a thing as too many choices, and too many ideas. Once I get an influx of ideas my brain shuts off and I waist hours just standing there with a dumb look on my face OR I end up buying a crap load of stuff for different things, and then when I bring it home none of it makes sense.


Pendleton Blanket