Tuesday, September 9, 2014

S E A R C H I N G F O R: The Poncho (Get Covered for Fall)


The weather is cooling down (at least in most places on the northern hemisphere), and I am so looking forward to winter. But, one thing about winter that I always seem to forget is how unmotivated I am to look remotely good. If it's cold outside, then that means it's cold in my house, which ultimately means that I go straight from my bed to the warmest clothes I have as quickly as possible, which usually consists of pants, a pair of boots and a coat. It's boring every time, and by the end of the season I want to burn my coat, never to see it again. I want to mix it up, but with what?? Solution: the poncho/cape.

If you don't get why you would wear a poncho, then you've never worn one before. A poncho embodies all the things you need in the winter. 
Cold? It keeps you nice and warm. 
Feeling lazy? Just put on some skinny jeans and some boots and throw that poncho right on top.  
Bloated after than holiday meal? Don't worry, the poncho conveniently covers that food baby. 
What's not to love
The best part is, a poncho is essentially a blanket. And don't tell me that you've never sat in bed on a cold winters day wishing that you could wear your comforter to work....because now you can!

But if you are still skeptical, here are some examples of poncho chic ladies...











 Recently, I came across a large collection of ponchos and capes, and each one has it's own unique personality. Who knew a poncho could say so much. Lots of ponchos have been listed up on the shop already, but there are a few more to come. Here's a preview:


Brown Wool Poncho

Off White Wool Fringe Poncho

Black Winter Poncho
Camel Cape
Grey Cape
Reindeer Wonderland Poncho - Coming Soon!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/202355603/peruvian-poncho-bohemian-open-front?ref=shop_home_active_10
Peruvian Poncho
Ethnic Ponchos Coming Soon!