Wednesday, October 29, 2014

S T Y L E I N S P I R A T I O N : Diane Keaton

 I am a lover of many styles. I love bohemian hippies, glitzy glams, grungy rockers, preppy tomboys and everything in between. Each style has its own long list of inspirations, and for the preppy-tomboy-menswear-on-women-geek-chic style, my go-to inspiration will always be Diane Keaton. 


I'm gonna go ahead and say she was the first to perfect this look. In fact, the whole look can really be described in two words: The Annie Hall Look which was coined from the 1977 movie starring Diane Keaton as said 'Annie Hall'. This look was actually inspired by Keaton's personal style (according to the films director, Woody Allen), so it's no surprise that Keaton's been a style icon ever since. 

Keaton as Annie Hall
The key element of Diane Keaton's style is her use of menswear. Ties, hats, blazers, slacks... it's all there, but she has always mixed it up in playful ways, and never seems to take herself too seriously. Plus, she's always smiling, and that always makes everyone look good. 

Here are some of my favorite looks...









As Diane Keaton ages, she still has that same look, but now it's bit more refined and modern. She seems to embrace her age while still maintaining her own personal, whimsical style.
She's become a great role model for aging gracefully, and I can only hope to look as good as she does when I get older.




My Diane Keaton inspiration outfit:


Vintage Brown Tweed Blazer
Vintage Hat
 J Crew Denim Shirt
BDG Jeans