Wednesday, March 13, 2013

S T Y L E I N S P I R A T I O N: Ingrid Boulting



Normally a style icon is someone who's individual style influences and is remembered by many. However, sometimes it is a persons face or overall vibe that has the same impact, and it can easily represent an entire generation. Ingrid Boulting may not be as famous as Twiggy or Cindy Crawford, but her face is still iconic of her time (60s and 70s). 

For me, any time I see a picture of Ingrid Boulting I stop to stare at it. There is something about her face that intrigues me - I love how versatile it is. In fact, it took me some time to realize that all these photos I was noticing were all of her.





Starting as a ballerina and model, Ingrid Boulting became a truly iconic face when she worked for Biba cosmetics. Eventually, she became an actress, but it was her modeling career that she is most known for.