Monday, March 25, 2013

S T Y L E I N S P I R A T I O N: Vicky Christina Barcelona



Some of my favorite movies for style inspiration come from the one and only, Woody Allen. I don't know if the director himself has an eye for women's style, or if he just hires a good wardrobe stylist, but it seems like almost every movie he even made has his leading ladies wearing outfits that I can't get out of my head.  One such movie is the fairly recent film, Vicky Christina Barcelona of 2008. Set in Barcelona, Spain, where the character of Maria Elena is played by Penelope Cruz and to this day I am still obsessed with black Spanish hats and white summer clothing.




I don't know if its the black eyeliner, the bedhead, or the bitch face, but there is something about this look that I find extremely appealing.


Turns out,, black Spanish hats are hard to come by. I've been looking since the movie came out in 2008 (yes, I'm that obsessed) and I finally found one!!! ...but it doesn't fit me. Alas, I've put it on the Etsy shop as well as this amazing shirt that I converted from an awkward fitting dress to a beautiful and comfortable blouse! 

My Maria Elena inspired look

Just click on the photos below to find this blouse and hat:


Black Spanish Hat


White Mexican Blouse