Wednesday, February 13, 2013

S T Y L E I N S P I R A T I O N: Amélie




One of my all time favorite films is the charming French film by Jean-Pierre Jeunet: Amélie. Everything about it makes me smile every time I watch it. The story, the music, the characters, the beautiful color scheme and of course, the main characters wardrobe. Audrey Tautou plays the quiet and insecure character of Amélie perfectly, and she is extremely fun to watch throughout the entire film. Amélie is cute and quirky, and her wardrobe reflects her character. Sweet and comfortable dresses with chunky mary jane boots... low cut blouses with long calf length skirts. A perfect mix of young and old, vintage with modern, feminine and masculine. Even her hair cut in the film is extremely weird and on any other person it would look horrible, but on Audrey Tautou - completely adorable. 

Each time I watch this movie, I am completely inspired. I haven't yet cut my hair like hers, but I am close to doing it every time. But in the meantime, I can still dress like her. I try to find a balance between sweet and innocent with that natural French womanly seductiveness. It's a hard balance to find, but once you've found it you instantly want to get on a bike and go to a farmers market... or just move to France. Pouah! UN JOUR!