Friday, February 8, 2013

S T Y L E I N S P I R A T I O N: Jane Birkin



Just thought I'd take a moment to post about one of my favorite style icons, Jane Birkin. Jane Birkin was a British actress who's most notable roles include Desert on the Nile and Blow Up. But Jane is famous for her relationship with Serge Gainsbourg (who was a French singer/songwriter/poet/etc). But honestly, I think Jane Birkin is most known for her effortless style, beauty and charm.

Although Jane Birkin was from England, she had a special French charm to her. Maybe it was her French boyfriend, or the fact that she always smoked cigarettes... but I think it's because she had a natural ease about her. She was (and still is) very comfortable in her own skin. When I look at old photos of her in the 60's and 70's, I often pay attention to not only her style, but her body language, as well. I guess you could say that Jane Birkin easily had (and still has!) the one important accessory in fashion: confidence. 






This is my Jane Birkin inspired outfit:

BDG White Cotton Button Down / Vintage High Wasted Denim / Vintage Straw Bag