Monday, February 4, 2013

S T Y L E I N S P I R A T I O N: Ulyana Sergeenko



If you pay attention at all to the street fashion photography scene you would have probably noticed a pretty lady who often sports 40's and 50's style dresses with scarves and sunglasses that are worn like a 40s film star. This pretty lady goes by the name of Ulyana Sergeenko and she is a fashion designer/blogger/street fashion celebrity. So it's no surprise that she often steals the camera spotlight... somehow she manages to make matronly ankle skirts look cool again, and that is a hard thing to do. She is a true original who takes cues from her Russian roots and recreates classic vintage styles in more contemporary ways. It also doesn't hurt that she is as cute as a button. 

ULYANA!



Part of Ulyana Sergeenko's Fall/Winter 2011 collection


If you like this vintage inspired look but feel like it might be a bit too much for everyday life, tone it down with a regular tight fitting t-shirt and some ankle boots. If you don't know where to find an ankle length skirt stop by at your nearest thrift store and there should be several. Mine, from the photo below, is 100% wool, and I also found one in solid hunter green and khaki colors (you can find them at my etsy store)

Vintage Skirt (also in hunter green and khaki) / H&M boots / Black shirt from it's been so long I don't remember




*This comment is unrelated to the post, but I would like to apologize for the poor photo quality. I am in the process of trying to get a decent camera, so please bare with me.